Wednesday 25 February 2009

Living in the light of tomorrow

"For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And having chosen them, he called them to come to him. And having called them, he gave them right standing with himself. And having given them right standing, he gave them his glory." Romans 8: 29-30 (New Living Translation)

In my last entry - A Different Reality - I concluded that despite being in right-standing with God, all too often I choose not to live like it. I know that God is love and yet I act as if he can't love me. I know that God forgives, but I don't forgive myself. Because I don't understand his plan I assume that there is none and I make my own.

Unfortunately, the realisation that I live this way is the easy bit. Changing the way that I view the world is much harder and at this point I am not really sure I even know how to. In the end it makes my prayer for vision all the more fervent. Lord God, reveal your Kingdom to me and my part within it.

No comments: